Friday 3 March 2017

February in Review

(Going to miss all the fireworks...)

February in Review

Hey lovely people - How are things going with you? February has been a really fast paced month for me and now that we’ve reached March, well, lets just say I’m pretty excited/nervous. 

March brings with it some really big changes for me, the biggest of which is: After four years, I’m finally leaving China for good!

And with that bombshell, here is last months recap!

February Highlights & March Plans

Writing: At last I have my head back in the game. I’m managing a nice 500 words a day and have just passed the midway point in my MG WIP. So far I’ve had some really great feedback from my lovely critique partners and I have such a good feeling about this book. Set in a boarding school, it has monsters, magic and an underlying mystery… 

Reading: I’ve hit 18 out of 100 books in my Goodreads challenge, 8 of which are books by British authors. But despite only one book meeting the criteria for the fairytale retellings challenge, I’m still really happy with my progress :)

Otherwise the number of books I have on netgalley has crept up again. My “Lets stick at 5” rule has totally gone out the window. I now have 12 books to catch up on!

I Quit My Job: March 1st was officially my last day of teaching English. Now I have the rest of the year to travel, write my book, learn a language and basically hit all my 2017 goals!

Travelling: So my boyfriend and I are packing up our lovely little apartment (It’s amazing how much stuff you can accumulate in two years!) and heading off to travel. There’s a few things we want to see in China, then on March 14th he’s heading off to the Philippines, and I’m going to Japan! :) 

I had thought to go back to the UK after, but now I’m considering a slight detour to Australia. I have friends in Perth, and seeing how I’m practically on their doorstep anyway, and it ticks another place off my list…. It’s a win win as far as I can see :)

Books Read
  1. The Four Hour Work Week by Tim Ferris
  2. A Promise of Fire by Amanda Bouchet
  3. Black Cats And Butlers by Janine Beacham  (This was super cute - Look out for my review in March)
  4. Smugglers Kiss by Marie-Louise Jensen
  5. Echoes in Death by J.D. Robb
  6. Barefoot in the Wind by Zoe Marriott (Really enjoyed this & it counts toward both my fairytale retellings and British Book Challenge!)
  7. A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E Schwab (Yay for this book! I finally understand why everyone gushes of V.E Schwab)

Review Posts


Other Posts:


Currently Reading:

  • The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater (Haven’t actually read a singe page more this month)
  • A Gathering of Shadows by V.E Schwab (Flying through this one)
  • Moon Chosen by P.C Cast (Still plodding along with this, although finally reached 20%)


And that wraps up my Month :) What’s everyone else news? How was your February?
:)

12 comments:

  1. Wow looks like you had a really great and productive February! All the best for March and travelling :) That sounds so fun!
    Happy reading!

    Amy @ A Magical World Of Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy - It has been a pretty good month. Hope March is a good one for you too!

      Delete
  2. Wow! It sounds like you read a ton of great books this month! I’m glad you enjoyed them all so much. :) Thanks for sharing and, as always, fabulous recap!

    ~ Zoe @ Stories on Stage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Zoe - I'm hoping to get even more books read next month though :) Hope you have a good March!

      Delete
  3. You had a great reading month, and the traveling sounds wonderful! Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Travelling and Read are my true loves :) Knowing I can do both next month is really exciting :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Wow, looks like you had a great February! Lots of changes, which should be super exciting :) Hope you'll have a lot of fun travelling and writing. And I'm so happy you're reading and loving the Shades of Magic series!
    Hope you'll have a great March!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lindsey - and yeah the shades of magic series is awesome. I'm already halfway through the second book :) Right now its my reward system, when I finish my days 500 words I'm allowed to read! So far its working!

      Delete
  5. Omg yes Japan I so so envy you Sarah! I am such a sucker for animes and manga, so Japan is kinda like the dream destination for me :) Hope you enjoy your travels, as well as The Raven Boys, it is one of my favourite series of all time! :)
    Prabhleen @ Booksarelife987

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, manga and anime is totally what got me into Japanese culture in the first place - along with the food! Its also one of the safest countries for solo travellers - you definitely should go if you ever get the chance!!

      Delete
  6. I'm sooo glad you liked A Darker Shade of Magic!! ONLY MY FAVOURITE BOOK EVER. 😍 Good luck with all the moving and travel and change!! Sounds exciting. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cait - I'm really jittery to be on the road again! So many potential new places to visit, not to mention long plane rides means lots of reading :)

      Delete